Federal University of Technology, FUTO mid-semester break resumption date and Surcharge Fee details for the continuation for first semester, 2016/2017 academic session.
All students of the Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) are hereby informed that the University will resume academic activities in continuation of the 2016 2017 Harmattan Semester as follows:
Year One (I) and Postgraduate students are to return on Monday May 8, 2017.
Years Two (II) and Three (III) students are to return on Wednesday, May 10, 2017.
While Years Four (IV) and Five (V) students are to return on Monday, May 15, 2017.
Please note that students will be allowed into the campus only after proper clearance on presentation of the following:
- Evidence of payment of approved fees in addition to damages surcharge of N12,500.00 (Twelve Thousand, Five Hundred Naira) only per student.
- Notarised undertaking to be of good behaviour, signed by the student and witnessed by the parent.
Students are therefore advised to pay all their fees plus the surcharge and obtain the notarized undertaking before the resumption date. Payment should be made through the FUTO online payment platform at any bank anywhere in the country, with effect from Friday, April 21, 2017.
Postgraduate students must pay all their fees before the resumption date. Postgraduate students are exempted from the damages surcharge.
All undergraduate students should note that the 2016/2017 Harmattan Semester Examinations will commence three (3) weeks after resumption of studies.
Online Process for the payment of the “Surcharge Fee”
- Visit the university websitewww.futo.edu.ng
- Click on the link ‘Portal’ (portal.futo.edu.ng)
- Click on ‘Surcharge Fee’
- Generate “Surcharge Fee” payment invoice
- Print your invoice and proceed to any Commercial Bank to make payment using the RRR code on the invoice.
- Return to the Portal and Download the “Notarised Undertaken Form”
- Complete the Notarised Undertaken Formappropriately.
- Proceed to your Department with the completed Notarised Undertaken on the stated date for further instructions.